We’ve partnered with some of Australia’s favourite chefs to create classic Australian summer staples, with a Maille Honey Dijon Mustard twist.
Mediterranean Honey Dijon Mustard summer salad
Elevate your summer salad game with Melanie Lionello’s favourite Mediterranean-inspired salad with Maille Honey Dijon Mustard.
2 heaped tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 shallot, finely diced
1/4 cup combined of dill and parsley, chopped
Juice of two lemons
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup freekeh
2.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
225g haloumi, diced and pan fried until golden
1/3 cup continental parsley, chopped
1/3 cup dill, chopped
1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons (raw)
8-10 baby chat potatoes, cooked and halved
- Combine all dressing ingredients and store in an airtight jar until ready to use.
- To prepare the salad, bring freekah and stock to boil in a saucepan then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes until tender. Then drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside to dry.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and pour over dressing. Serve warm.
For Melanie, food is all about connection, celebration and joy. Inspired by her Italian heritage and time spent in Turkey, she loves cooking Mediterranean-inspired recipes.
Use Melanie’s mustard dressing as the perfect accompaniment to oysters and seafood.
Honey Dijon Mustard BBQ Grilled Lamb Loin
2 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
1 large sprig rosemary, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
8 lamb loin chops
8 baby capsicums, halved
Bean salad ingredients
300g green beans, trimmed
1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
1 400g white beans, rinsed well
1 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Zest & juice 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Optional – Cos lettuce or green leaf salad to accompany
- Combine the Maille Honey Dijon Mustard, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil in a small bowl. Spoon this over the lamb, season with salt, pepper and marinate for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, blanch the beans for 1 minute, drain, refresh with cold water, drain well again, then combine with the tomatoes, white beans, mustard, parsley, lemon zest & juice and olive oil, seasoning to taste.
- Preheat a BBQ on a medium/high heat and cook the lamb & baby capsicums, cooking the lamb to your liking, turning throughout the cooking to char nicely. For medium, approx. 6 minutes total cooking time, then rest.
- Remove the capsicums once nicely charred and serve with the lamb, bean salad, and more mustard.
The creative mind behind The Bucket List in Bondi, Tom is a chef passionate about good food, health, connection & nourishment.
Fuss-free Honey Dijon Mustard salad dressing
A little bit sweet, a little bit tangy, Sophie Fisher’s easy salad dressing with Maille Honey Dijon Mustard is the perfect base for fresh summer salads.
1 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup freshly shaved parmesan
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp honey
Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a jar, shake well until combined.
- Pour over any salad you like, or Sophie’s summer favourite of roasted kale, avocado, edamame beans and shaved parmesan.
Sophie is a passionate cook, forever exploring and experimenting with fresh, vibrant foods and flavours.